We are committed to respecting the privacy rights of all visitors to our website. The following information details Mercy Corps' collection, protection, and use of the data we receive from visitors to this website.
Our General Policy
Mercy Corps recognizes the importance of protecting information we may collect from visitors to our site. We maintain appropriate security measures to keep this information private.
If you choose to give us personal information via the Internet for the purposes of correspondence or subscribing to our email newsletter, then it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information.
Mercy Corps will remove your name from our mailing list, email list or telephone solicitation list at any time, at your request. We will not sell, rent or trade your email address to a third party.
The Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following information: name, data of birth, residential and contact address, telephone number, email address, marital status, nationality, gender, educational background, an identity number, location, photograph, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number, IMSI number and other relevant information which constitute personal data. Your information may be transferred or transmitted to, stored or processed on our servers in the United States of America for the purposes described in this Policy.
We use a third-party email marketing platform to deliver emails. This company employs techniques for tracking open rates and click-throughs that use email address as an identifier.
You will be given the option to remove your name from our email list at the bottom of each email update. And, again, we will not sell, rent or trade your email address to a third party.
Personal Data Protection Principles
When we process your personal data, we are guided by the following principles, which require personal data to be:
- processed lawfully, fairly, in a transparent manner and with respect for the dignity of the human person.
- collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is Processed.
- accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- removed or not kept in a form which permits identification of data subject for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed.
- processed in a manner that ensures its security, using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Use of Third-Party Software and Advertising Services
We also use third-party services to better understand the needs of people who visit our site. These services tell us information about technical aspects of our visitors' computers and some demographic information. We use this information to improve our content and structure, leading to a better user experience.
We do not receive or request any personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.